Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default New Proxxon lathe question #3

It's not a good sign when a manufacturer doesn't provide replacement parts.
I wouldn't take one person's opinion as the final word, though.

Then again, it may take some creativity to get someone to go against that
scary, threatening, carved-in-stone company policy, and make an exception.

Something like a letter to the company CEO, spelling out in graphic detail
how your neighbor's dog ate the grear and you've been looking thru steaming
hot piles of stool trying to reclaim the gear, to no avail.. but then again,
s/he might be a cat lover and feel no sympathy at all.

The RC/model industry is fairly vast in terms of accessories and "upgrade"
parts, making a wide variety of small mechanical parts much more commonly
available.

Trouble is, generally, RC and various parts suppliers do such a poor job at
listing actual parts specs, finding something can result in a fairly
complicated research project.

--
WB

"Bob S" wrote in message

I went looking for a 26-tooth metric module 1 gear with a bore 5.5mm
or smaller, and I found Google surprisingly unhelpful. I suppose that
I need a better search term.

The only one that I found was
http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...1pinion&cat=40
I have no idea where they are or what they are like.

It has a 5mm bore but that could be bored out.

Proxxon has lots of optional extras, but apparently not more gears.

Bob