Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Servo amp repair

wrote:

r. I will post a picture in the
metalworking.com dropbox later today. I think I'll try replacing any
electrolytics first and then try the solder joint thing. I did talk to
another Fadal owner who has these servo amps in his mills and they
exhibit the same behavior. He has been using these machines over 40
hours a week for at least a couple of years by using a hair dryer to
warm the boards in the morning. Once warmed this way the machines will
run fine all day.

Well, that's a RIOT! hair dryer? OK, with this additional info, it
is beginning to sound like a systematic problem, so the electrolytic
problem may be it. Hope you find it.

Jon