Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Screwdriver with neon electricity tester

On Fri, 9 Mar 2012 23:58:49 -0000, "Road_Hog"
wrote:

Was in Morrisons today and they had these on the end of aisle display (where
they have bits of hardwear). Only 87p, not on special, just marked up as
87p.Not bad if you need a mains tester.

Providing that you _know_ how to use such a tester safely :-)

Not lighting up doesn't mean that there's nothing there; lighting up
doesn't always mean that a dangerous potential is present. A bit like
digital multimeters really, in the wrong hands!

I haven't seen neon screwdrivers for yonks. I used to have one in an
RS toolkit some 25 years ago.

--
Frank Erskine