Posted to uk.d-i-y
MuddyMike MuddyMike is offline

Default Control knob for shaft with crosswise pin

On 08/03/2012 10:20, Windmill wrote:
I have a broken knob from a LIDL mini oven (usually this sort of Can
anyone suggest a source for a replacement, so that I have a working
spare oven in case of future need?

Can't you make one, by finding a knob of the right size and drilling a
cross-hole in it? They're not usually made of titanium!

I'm sure there must be a way to make one, but the original had a
complex shape. The metal pin fitted into a recess, and the plastic was
enlarged around the recess, apparently to reduce the load on the
plastic. Which it insufficiently did.

On occasion I become irrationally stubborn, and spend a month doing
something of quite limited benefit, but am not keen to do that when
other issues are more important.
I was hoping that these things were semi-standard. (Maybe in Germany?)

We have a vintage radio that had one knob missing. SWMBO made one using (I
have just asked her) Fimo. Its apparently a modelling clay that sets on a
domestic oven and comes in a range of colours which are mixable.

Its hard to tell which knob is homemade.

Mike