Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Intermittent leaks--is my home's plumbing haunted???

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On Thu, 8 Mar 2012 10:46:53 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

"Steven L." wrote in message
om...
Every time I call a plumber to fix the leak in my shower, the leak

seems
to magically stop the day the plumber is scheduled to arrive.

He looks at the plumbing, fails to find any leak, tells me everything

is
fine, and leaves.

stuff snipped

Are the leaks occuring randomly or after you take a shower? If while in

the
shower, be aware that a lot of water bounces off your body and can find

its
way into cracks in the grout or caulking. The best way to find such

leaks
is to either shower with someone watching from below (if you have an
unfinished basement) or to take a shower massager and spray each wall in
turn to find the leak.

Someone should be in the shower. The weight of a person can open the
leak at the drain piping.

Good point. I had a shower leak that caused me to regrout and recaulk
everything. It turned out the it was the diverter valve coupling that was
leaking and that water was running along the pipes and dripping down about a
foot away. Twice in my life I've seen the floor beneath a bathroom cave in
completely.

--
Bobby G.