Larry Bud

Default this ought to get everybody fired up....

"Mikey Darden" wrote in message . com...
This thread, that darn movie, and all the hoopla stirred up in general
about the subject matter at hand make me glad I'm an atheist. The irony is
that no matter what I think or feel about religion (or lack thereof), I
still am subject to these "discussions" that drove me away from organized
religion in the first place.

As a fellow Atheist, I have to ask you how exactly you're "subjected"
to this discussion? You're free not to read the thread. I for one
find religion discussion that are rational (well, as rational as
religion can be) pretty interesting.

Even if you don't believe the mystical aspects of it, Jesus is
nonetheless a historical figure at the very least, and obviously has
influenced a heck of a lot of people for thousands of years. That
alone should be indication that it might be a worthwhile to understand
where these people are coming from.

As with any religion (and with any atheist), you have the extremists
on both sides which take even a discussion about their faith, or lack
thereof, as a direct attack upon it.