Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob S[_2_] Bob S[_2_] is offline

Default New Proxxon lathe question #3

On Thu, 8 Mar 2012 02:16:30 -0500, Wild_Bill wrote:

It appears that you're well ahead of the curve, Bob, as far as new machine
owners goes.. many just assume that what the chart shows reflects their only
options.

Another possibliity exists to expand the available number of threading
possibilities by adding just one more change gear to the set, as a number of
machine users have done on machines which rely on a set of gears to change
thread pitches.
Proxxon probably has replacement parts available.

And, don't know if it's too early to mention this, but, you may be seeing
other machine purchases in your (near) future.. so your ability to add new
features to existing machines becomes almost endless.

Metalworking on any scale, is full of inspirational ideas and nearly
infinite possibilities.. a very rewarding use of time, IMO.

I went looking for a 26-tooth metric module 1 gear with a bore 5.5mm
or smaller, and I found Google surprisingly unhelpful. I suppose that
I need a better search term.

The only one that I found was
http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...1pinion&cat=40
I have no idea where they are or what they are like.

It has a 5mm bore but that could be bored out.

Proxxon has lots of optional extras, but apparently not more gears.

Bob