Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default work goggles

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:VJ26r.42889
:

[top-posting and screwed-up quoting fixed]

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. ..
"Doug" wrote in
:

Any recommendations for this? I'd like to wear my glasses within it
if possible and have full eye protection.

Faceshield.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_74556-98-900...ductId=3082689

That's pretty much what I was going to say. Good advice.

The thing many people forget is that there's more stuff on your face that needs protecting
than just your eyes -- imagine catching a saw kickback in the teeth, for instance. I had a
violent kickback from a chop saw about a year ago, cutting a small piece that I really
should have clamped down. I'm not sure quite how it happened, but the piece was
wrenched out of my hand and thrown into the faceshield hard enough to knock it off of my
head, and partway across the room. I never saw it. Just felt, and heard, the impact on the
shield. Then heard the shield clattering on the floor. Never found the piece of wood, either.