Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default New Proxxon lathe question #3

Sov n'a gun.. I found 2 pics of the 9x20 lathe spindle hand crank.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/5234515...7629540058769/

The 9x20 spindle bore is about 3/4" for a judgement of scale of the size of
the parts.

Talk about never throwing anything away.. well, the pics were transferred to
this PC when it was the new replacement, back when I was still building a
personal metalworking website (concept scrapped since then).

This handwheel model was a second version.. the first one used a length of
flat aluminum bar stock for the crank arm instead of the cast aluminum
handwheel (free upgrade, given to me by a friend, the ball bearing "speed
knob" was added from junk box parts).

--
WB

"Bob S" wrote in message
On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 00:06:21 -0500, Wild_Bill wrote:

I'm not sure that I could find a picture of the type of hand crank
attachment I made, but I'll try to describe the methods used.

I understand. Nice clear description.

It think that the inside bore is the only attractive scheme.

Bob