Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default What's this sort of circlip called - and where to get some?

On 08/03/2012 11:43, wrote:
I'm after a replacement retaining clip which sits on the output shaft
of an electric motor and retains a shear pin.

The shear pin simply sits in a hole through the shaft, then around the
shaft is a semicircular depression in which the retaining clip sits.
Thus the retaining clip is a simple (split) toroid which sits in the
groove.

It's from a Vetus bow propeller and their price is £13.40 which seems
a little excessive for a trivial little spring clip.

Can anyone suggest what such a thing is called (maybe just a retaining
clip I suppose) and where I might find somewhere that I can buy one by
specifying its size?

External Snap Ring?

Easy enough to find places selling 1000. It is left as an exercise for
the reader to find someone who'll slip one in an envelope.

--
Kevin Poole