Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default work goggles

"Doug" wrote in message
Any recommendations for this? I'd like to wear my glasses within it
if possible and have full eye protection. Yesterday when I was
messing with the ceiling light fixture over the shower I was wearing
my glasses and still got something in my eye. Luckily I washed it out
but I'm a little sensitive about my surgical enhanced eye sight so I
want to wear work goggles from now on. It's amazing how much I took
for granted when I was younger and now with age, look at things
differently. Thanks all.

After drilling through old, dusty joists this weekend with a face shield I
became a convert. I will never use anything but a full face shield to work
on the ceiling or anything over my head. After years of struggling with
glasses/goggles combos that fit poorly, have openings that allow material to
"ricochet" into the sides or tops and that fog up easily, I was very happy
with my $13 full face shield - once I peeled the protective plastic from
BOTH side of the lens. (-: Remember, one little sliver getting through can
cause serious, irreversible problems. I had to add material to the top to
really seal it all up, but that was easy.

--
Bobby G.