Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default NorCal vibraplow

I've gotta wonder how much soil slitting an illegal (or 3) would be willing
to do for $340/wk.
Any rental business will charge extra for destroying/wearing out their
equipment, but an illegal can just be dropped of anywhere.

I'm not sayin that's a solution, but I suppose many contractors look at
expenses in this way.

BTW.. Best performance might be attained by having 2 illegals from different
continents working as a team, that way (unless they both happen to speak
French) there would be less chance of useless/slacker bull****ting (or
conspiring maybe) going on, instead of honest break your back for a buck
work taking place.
They might require water during the day, but that's still (for now) cheaper
than gas.

--
WB

"David Lesher" wrote in message
The Ditchwitch guy said everyone uses "Ground Hog" trenchers;
these being a 5HP 3" wide 12-18" deep human-propelled unit. And
the Home Depot rents same for $340 a week.

It will make far more of a mess than a vibraplow but outside of
buying/building one...

There's one other manufacturer I just found;
http://eztrench.com/ -- that's a circular saw & narrower, but
finding one to rent will be the same adventure.