Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carla Fong[_2_] Carla Fong[_2_] is offline

Default NorCal vibraplow

On 3/2/2012 7:19 PM, David Lesher wrote:

I've been on a snipe hunt for a vibraplow
http://ditchwitch.com/trenchers-plows/walk-behind-vibratory-plow/100sx-vibratory-plow/
in the Santa Cruz region. I've yet to find a tool rental outfit
that even knows what I'm talking about... Yet on the East Coast,
they are common...

Any suggestions welcomed.

We have one (Case Mini-Sneaker) under my lean-to but it's in Oregon...
We used it to bury drop wire when we had a cable TV company.

Rental houses usually have trenchers instead of plows - more versatile
and idiot proof by comparison, but a plow is quick (in suitable soil
conditions) and leaves almost no trace it passed through.

Check with cable TV / telephone installation contracting companies and
see if they'll rent you one of theirs or do the job for you.

Carla