Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default HF Universal Impact Joint Sets, any experience?

On 2012-03-07, Leon Fisk wrote:
Harbor Freight offers two versions of Universal Impact Joint Sets. The
first style, Item 67986 I am familiar with. Been using that style for
years in my hand sets. The second one, Item 67920 I am not. Any
advantages to the second version. Stronger, work better, horror
stories...

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-piece...set-67986.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/2-piece...set-67920.html

I'm not particularly fond of Universals, but sometimes they save the
day.

It looks to me as though the first style can drive at more
extreme angles, while the second style is shorter, so if elbow room is
at a premium, they would be preferred.

Also -- the first style goes on down to 1/4" drive, while the
second only handles 3/8" and 1/2" drive.

I see they have a set of Impact Wobble Socket Extensions too, that
might be a better way to go. I really like my 3/8 standard drive wobble
extensions. Would like something beefier though for use with my 1/2
inch impact wrench.

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-piece...set-67066.html

Perhaps as restricted in angle capability as the second set --
or perhaps even more restricted.

So -- the question is -- how often do you need the greater angle
of operation? They are a lot less efficient at such angles anyway.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564