Posted to alt.home.repair

Default electrical switch

On Mar 7, 7:30*pm, "Ralph Mowery" wrote:
"ng_reader" wrote in message

I remember hiring an electrician to help with a 3-way circuit and watching
him scratch his head at the top of his ladder. So, even experts I reckon
can get a little confused when dealing with electricity.

Then they are not experts.

I fellow where I work has his electrical license and I would not let him
change batteries in my flashlight. *You should hear some of the stories he
tells on himslef about jobs he does outside the plant.

I have been working in a large factory with everything from low voltage
instruments to 480 3 phase stuff, and a bit of higher voltage.

I am glad RBM got this one. *I was thinking he had used a 3 way switch witht
he hot wires from each light going to the two switched screws and one light
would go on and then the other one would go on as the switch was flipped.
That is either one or the other was on and the other one was off.

And my remarks about not being able to understand WTF the OP
was talking about, which he seems to have taken offense to, were not
directed
toward any lack of electrical expertise. They were directed at not
being able to explain what he was talking about or asking.