Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default HF Universal Impact Joint Sets, any experience?

On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 14:40:20 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

Harbor Freight offers two versions of Universal Impact Joint Sets. The
first style, Item 67986 I am familiar with. Been using that style for
years in my hand sets. The second one, Item 67920 I am not. Any
advantages to the second version. Stronger, work better, horror
stories...

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-piece...set-67986.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/2-piece...set-67920.html

I'm not particularly fond of Universals, but sometimes they save the
day.

Ditto. I have seen more sockets fly off at high speed with the 67986
style than the 67920 style, which is why I prefer the latter.

I see they have a set of Impact Wobble Socket Extensions too, that
might be a better way to go. I really like my 3/8 standard drive wobble
extensions. Would like something beefier though for use with my 1/2
inch impact wrench.

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-piece...set-67066.html

I like wobble extensions, but they're for much tighter angles. I've
seen wobble extensions break at the thin portion, too.

All are Pittsburgh, so if you have an HF store local to you, go for
it. They're lifetime guaranteed and likely to last at least as long
as the Crapsman crap Searz sells.

--
Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace.
-- Robert J. Sawyer