Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] aasberry@aol.com is offline

Default HF Universal Impact Joint Sets, any experience?

On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 14:40:20 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

Harbor Freight offers two versions of Universal Impact Joint Sets. The
first style, Item 67986 I am familiar with. Been using that style for
years in my hand sets. The second one, Item 67920 I am not. Any
advantages to the second version. Stronger, work better, horror
stories...

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-piece...set-67986.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/2-piece...set-67920.html

I'm not particularly fond of Universals, but sometimes they save the
day.

I see they have a set of Impact Wobble Socket Extensions too, that
might be a better way to go. I really like my 3/8 standard drive wobble
extensions. Would like something beefier though for use with my 1/2
inch impact wrench.

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-piece...set-67066.html

The second style, commonly called wobble sockets, are my choice. Good
quality ones will have a spring inside to hold the socket at an angle
to make it easier to place on a bolt in a tight location.

Andy