Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default For Trade .020 x 7" 2% tungsten

On 3/7/2012 1:57 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Ayup. Though Im more likely to try welding the rims of Monster cans
together. Those *******s are indeed aluminum foil. Ive busted holes in
the cans while loading them in the truck..and never piercing the thin
plastic bags they were in.

These guys do it routinely...

Belfab was a subsidiary of Babcock & Wilcox when I was in the Nuclear
Power Generation Group many, many moons ago. They were our supplier for
the incore detector assemblies at that time. Since were spun off when
B&W exited the full-service nuclear vendor and sold the fuels and reload
business to Areva.

http://www.techneticsgroup.com/products/bellows/edge-welded-metal-bellows/

One one trip to their facilities (Daytona Beach) the were fabricating a
set of bellows for NASA for the Apollo program I believe. They were
simply incredible--about 1/2" diameter collapsed 1/4" thick a whisper
of air in the open end and they would expand almost a foot. Constructed
by welded flanges--one couldn't see the weld seam under the microscope...

Truly amazing...