Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Eason ES-8

The reading immediately changes and dances around by a
few hundreds of a millemeter or thou. After taking the cut on the
work, I measure it and find that it is off by as much as 7 hundredths
of a millimeter from what the DRO says it should be.

The Eason DROs are similar (almost identical, really) to the East Indian
DRO (DRO-Pros) I selected for my lathe.

They make a big point of two things: One, everything must be properly
grounded, and that includes using the bonding braid that comes with the
kit to ensure the display head is grounded to the lathe chassis, and Two,
the clearance to the scales on the pickup heads is crucial. They supply
a shim to set the clearance, and it must be pretty much nuts-on.

Some of the optical scales have no adjustment, but all of the magnetic
ones do.

I consistently do work to two-tenths on mine. I even found a bit of gib
play with the DRO as a reference.

LLoyd