Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default HF Universal Impact Joint Sets, any experience?

On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 12:16:15 -0800
"Gary A. Gorgen" wrote:

snip
I have been using an impact for 60 yrs. and never used a 3 piece
universal.
You might check how many other tool mfg. offer 3 piece impact universal.
I don't think there are many.

Mmm... the 3 piece in the link title is because it is for a set
containing 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 inch Universals. The 2 piece set contains
just 3/8 and 1/2 inch but they use a different design to achieve the
"universal" action. Not sure if you understood that or not...

I've looked at the one in question while at the sto

http://www.harborfreight.com/2-piece...set-67920.html

but that doesn't tell me how it will preform or hold-up for that matter.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b