Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gary A. Gorgen Gary A. Gorgen is offline

Default HF Universal Impact Joint Sets, any experience?

On 03/07/2012 10:40 AM, Leon Fisk wrote:
Harbor Freight offers two versions of Universal Impact Joint Sets. The
first style, Item 67986 I am familiar with. Been using that style for
years in my hand sets. The second one, Item 67920 I am not. Any
advantages to the second version. Stronger, work better, horror
stories...

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-piece...set-67986.html

I would NOT use this on an impact wrench. Too dangerous.
If you accidentally pull the trigger without the socket on a bolt, the
socket will fly off. Also they will go to about 90 deg. camming the
socket off the bolt.
You have to hold the socket to keep it on the bolt, your hands won't
like it :-).

http://www.harborfreight.com/2-piece...set-67920.html

Use this one. It's designed for impact use.

I'm not particularly fond of Universals, but sometimes they save the
day.

I see they have a set of Impact Wobble Socket Extensions too, that
might be a better way to go. I really like my 3/8 standard drive wobble
extensions. Would like something beefier though for use with my 1/2
inch impact wrench.

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-piece...set-67066.html

--
Gary A. Gorgen | "From ideas to PRODUCTS"