Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jk jk is offline

Default For Trade .020 x 7" 2% tungsten

Jon Anderson wrote:

On 3/6/2012 1:28 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Ive had some intererst in welding beer cans together.....G

Post a pic if you pull it off. I've been the best TIG welder at most
shops I've worked at, and I can't butt weld two beer cans together.
Interestingly, nearly every place I've ever worked, someone has walked
in the door looking for a job claiming they can. Not a one has ever
produced such an example of welding skill, nor have the ones hired, been
willing to demonstrate.

Damn sure, if I could butt weld two beer cans together, I'd be bringing
a sample to the interview!
Jon

Ahhhh, I think the issue is finding the Beer can butts to weld.

The butt is the part with the asshole, and in my experience, the
asshole is usually the guy holding the beer can while it goes from
full to empty.

But more seriously, the trick is probably to use some really old
fashioned beer cans, i.e. pre aluminum, or at least pre the aluminum
foil they are able to make them out of now.

jk