Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default destroying data CDs? (was: paper shredder repair?)

In article ,
Adam Funk writes:
On a related note, is there a good & easy way to destroy data CDs?
The shredders I've come across with CD slots just scratch the surfaces
up a bit rather than break them into bits.

I had a large pile, and didn't like the idea of feeding them
all through the microwave, in case it damaged it.

I did for them on the gas hob - A few seconds over the
burner for each one (held by pliers), and they're wrecked.
The smell is pretty bad though - need to open the window.

--
Andrew Gabriel