Posted to alt.home.repair
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default Home lighting via LED bulbs off ebay

On 3/6/2012 10:04 PM, gregz wrote:
"Tomsic" wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
.. .
Just spent about $20 and bought a couple of LED flood lights, with 120
degree light spread. And a couple LED "corn cob" lights. Anyone else used
these? Are they any good? I'm sure I'll find out in about two weeks.

Curious what others have found. At church, the flood lights are getting
great reviews, as "can lights" in the ceiling.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org

Unless they're Energy Star rated, you won't know if they're good or not
because you won't know if they've even been tested or how. You are the
test.

Let us know.

Tomsic

I always need to know color temperature. These LEDs are never going to last
as long as typically stated,50 k hours. If they run hot, look for more like
10 k hours.
Warm, 20 k hours upward. Some fail early. Probably a few more years to get
a good feel on them.

The long life claim for LEDs is probably as bogus as the claims for CFLs. While
the light elements themselves may last a long time, the ballasts fail as quick
or quicker than incandescent bulbs. It's almost a scam.