Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Android Programmer Android Programmer is offline

Default connect a large wire to a car's temperature gauge

Hi.
I want to use a car's temperature gauge and sender in order to measure
the temperature of the water going through an installation at home.
The reason is that if it works, this setup would be cheaper than
anything else given the high costs of shipping to where I leave .
The distance of the gauge from the sender will be 30 ft give or take.
This would distort the indication of the gauge given that the gauge
measures the resistance of the circuit between the sender , the wires
and the gauge.

How can I calculate the AWG of the wires that I should use for this
setup ?