Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UPDATE: Win7 32 bit and 64 bit OEM licences

Man at B&Q wrote:
On Mar 7, 3:47 pm, NoSpam wrote:
On 06/03/2012 16:04, NoSpam wrote:

I was about to migrate to Win7 Professional 64 bit (using an OEM DVD
bought from Novatech) but, having tried and failed, I now realise that I
have a 32 bit processor! Novatech won't exchange it because the seal is
broken so it looks like it might be an expensive mistake UNLESS ...
Can a 64 bit OEM licence key be used for the 32 bit version? (This is
OEM, not retail). If it can then I only to borrow the 32 bit media from
somewhere, but web searches give conflicting advice.

Well I can now confirm that, regardless of what is said many times in
fora and on websites, the 32 bit version of Win7 Pro OEM installs and
runs perfectly happily using the key from the equivalent 64 bit version

Gues who was one of those so sure that it wouldn't work ;-)

Well the upgrade copy of Home Premium I bought had 64 bit and 32 bit
media in the box, and only one key....

--
Tciao for Now!

John.