Posted to alt.home.repair
alpha male alpha male is offline

Default Is sprinkler plumbing normally this complicated (see picturesattached)

On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 11:30:58 -0600, Mark Lloyd wrote:

I have one sprinkler head that won't come up any more (although it still
sprays) because of a tree root that grew over the top. That _Swing Pipe
Assembly_ would have made it easier to fix.

Interesting you say that because I had one last week that a big root had
sideswiped it underground, tilting it almost level with the ground
instead of pointing straight up.

When I dug down and cut the root away, I was shocked to see nothing was
damaged. The two-inch-thick root merely pushed the entire sprinkler swing
arm over.

I didn't snap a picture of it at the time, but, I guess that's one
advantage of the swing arm assembly.