Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Default What to do with poor quality cabinets

wrote:

Neither you nor I are there to actually see the problems.
Many of them sound to me like they are more likely the
result of poor cabinets, rather than installation:

And that is because you are taking what the OP stated in his initial gripe.
You've seen no documentation, no pictures, you've seen no dialog with the OP
that further defines the issues he "claims" - but to you, with that simple
internet based claim...

"poorly mortised hinges (sloppy and
hinges are not flush with the wood), handles not at the same height,
gaps in joints, warped doors, damage in the finish, wobbly and
crooked
drawers,"

See above...

Who, for example is more likely to have mortised the
hinges? The cabinet maker or the installer? And by handles
not at the same height, I gave him the benefit of the doubt
that he doesn't mean the cabinets themselves were hung
at random heights. But in any case, there is clearly enough
there that it could be the cabinets that are defective.

Really? Clearly enough?

--

-Mike-