Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington David Billington is offline

Default Clausing Colchester Mod 13 lathe

Jordan wrote:
On 3/7/2012 5:38 AM, David Billington wrote:
Harrison have been part of the 600 group for quite some time. The parts
I ordered were acceptable in price, I wouldn't have called them cheap.

I had 3 broken gears in the headstock, replacement quote was over
$2000 a couple of years back. I know they are very well made and all,
but that would have made the lathe a write-off, if I hadn't been able
to find a good second hand headstock, luckily.

I've got to ask what happened, did it come that way or a major crash? I
can understand why a good second hand headstock would be a good option.
I had assumed it was some of the feed drive gear not those in the headstock.