Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer[_3_] Tony Bryer[_3_] is offline

Default DIY ideas for Raspberry Pi?

On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 11:27:45 +0000 The Natural Philosopher wrote :
It doesn't work like that. WP was infinitely better than word. And we
had it.

I felt/feel that about Lotus WordPro. But I've just finished the 40,000
word manual for my new EuroBeam program and have produced it using Word
2010 because although WordPro runs on Win7 (after an error message) I'm
not convinced it will run on future versions of Windows and this manual
will hopefully stay in print (with revisions) for 15+ years.

Part of my struggle with Word has been down to unfamiliarity, but in
many places it is just inferior to what is now an ten year old program.
WordPro's modeless property inspectors for changing (say) paragraph
spacing or frame borders are much better than the way Word does it, and
when it comes to indexing why doesn't Word have a drop down list of the
index entries you've already added? The best I can say from my move to
Microsoft's 'latest and greatest' is that I am underwhelmed.

Melbourne, Australia www.greentram.com