Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default DIY ideas for Raspberry Pi?

On 06/03/2012 08:24, Mike Barnes wrote:
John :
On 05/03/2012 19:15, Adrian C wrote:
On 05/03/2012 18:21, Tim Streater wrote:

Ctrl-Alt-Del on a PC with Windows is a short cut for starting task
manager, locking, logging out or rebooting the machine.

Not here. And you've forgotten Start.

That's your Apple menu. Apple logo top left of your screen (sensible
place).

Where I stick my start button in windows as it happens... ;-) (double
depth task bar, auto hidden at the top of my left screen)

My Start button (if that's what it's still called) is also at top left.
But I have the taskbar down the left side, the only sensible place for
it IMO with a widescreen monitor.

Not that the on-screen Start button gets used from one month to the
next. The one on the keyboard is so much more convenient. IMO one of the
most important things people *don't* know about computers, and should
have drummed into them at school and beyond, is how much simpler and
quicker it is to use the keyboard instead of the mouse for many common
operations. I always wince when I see someone using the mouse to move
from one field to the next when filling in a form. TAB, dammit, TAB!

You also spot the programmers who never learnt that trick, and hence
never set a sensible tab order on their dialog designs ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.