Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home[_3_] dennis@home[_3_] is offline

Default OT'ish: Win7 32 bit and 64 bit OEM licences

"NoSpam" wrote in message
I was about to migrate to Win7 Professional 64 bit (using an OEM DVD
bought from Novatech) but, having tried and failed, I now realise that I
have a 32 bit processor! Novatech won't exchange it because the seal is
broken so it looks like it might be an expensive mistake UNLESS ...

Can a 64 bit OEM licence key be used for the 32 bit version? (This is OEM,
not retail). If it can then I only to borrow the 32 bit media from
somewhere, but web searches give conflicting advice.

If you refuse the license conditions don't M$ offer a refund these days?