Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default Don't try this at home! (Drying out drowned electronics)

On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 07:02:40 -0500, Robert Green wrote:
The case looked like it was "welded" - there were no screws and the seam
was very tight.

Sometimes they are glued - in the past I've opened them with a cutting
disc on a dremel-type tool and then worked out how best to put them back
together again after.

At least now I know how to take the other identical power supplies
apart because I know where the secret tabs are.

If the walls are thin you can sometimes press firmly around the edges,
and the spots where the tabs are will deflect less because there's more
material on the reverse side.

cheers

Jules