Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ghostrecon Ghostrecon is offline

Default DIY ideas for Raspberry Pi?

On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 09:32:19 +0000, Mark wrote:

On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 03:00:55 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

Anyone got any figures for how many students do computer science these
days at GCSE or A Level? IIRC when I did my A level in '85/6 there were
only about 120 students in the country that took it that year.. I get
the impression there have never been big numbers doing it.

I don't have the figures but, the schools I know, don't even offer any
computer science teaching. All they do is ICT.

as ICT became compulsory (at varying levels and initiatives) it became
harder and harder to staff at our community college and that together with
pressure from league tables means it ws phased out 4 years ago IIRC we are
starting to teach GCSE computer studies again from next year which is a
welcome relief from the many flavours of ICT diplom btec and gcses
--