Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY ideas for Raspberry Pi?

Bob Eager wrote:
On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 06:52:23 +0000, John Williamson wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:
On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 18:21:47 +0000, Tim Streater wrote:

In article ,
Adrian C wrote:
Ctrl-Alt-Del on a PC with Windows is a short cut for starting task
manager, locking, logging out or rebooting the machine.
Not here. And you've forgotten Start.
My Windows system (used rarely) doesn't *have* a Start button.

3.11? It's been there since 'Doze 95. The Start orb in 7 and Vista is
just a differently shaped start button.

7. It's not a Start button. It does not have Start on it. It doesn't
start the system.

The start button in XP, 95, 98 et al. doesn't start the system either.
It does, however, open a menu which lets you stop the system.

As has been said, the "start orb" in 7 looks like a button, and if you
hover over it, the caption "start" shows. If it quacks and waddles, my
guess would be that it's a duck.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.