Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Low-light CCTV cameras without IR-LEDs ?

I just wonder how he knows that burglars will only try to get in on moonlit
nights though. OK they acn use torches, buut there are now folk using infra
red glasses for nasty activities in the dark, so one would imagine the
light from those will show up as well?

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...
RustyCrampon wrote:

I'm looking for a cheapish (under £100) B&W CCTV camera (with composite
output) to monitor a field on moonlit nights.
I've got a B&W CCTV bullet camera which claims a sensitivity of
0.005lux, but in reality it can't see much.

The Sony EXview-HAD sensors are quite good (colour during daylight, B/W at
night) it could see in "total" darkness indoors let alone moonlight, but
if you're disappointed by 0.005 lux dedicated B/W cameras, they may not
suit as they seem to be 0.01 lux in B/W mode