Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Low-light CCTV cameras without IR-LEDs ?

The thing is, are you really sure that these cameras actually worked, as if
there is no light, there is no light. I'm sure some of the more modern IR
illumination systems do go a fair way if you angle them correctly.
Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
"Jim K" wrote in message
On Mar 5, 7:13 pm, RustyCrampon wrote:
I'm looking for a cheapish (under £100) B&W CCTV camera (with composite
output) to monitor a field on moonlit nights. I'm not looking for
image-intensifier brightness, just the ability to distinguish vague
shapes, and to see anyone sneaking around with a torch.

Ten years ago, it was possible to buy a CCD-based Philips Toucam Pro
webcam that could do this, but all cheap "night vision" composite-output
cameras now seem to rely on IR LEDs, which won't work with a large field.

I've got a B&W CCTV bullet camera which claims a sensitivity of
0.005lux, but in reality it can't see much.

Any recommendations?

not sure abt composite butg google "nite devil"

Jim K