Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Grundig AM/FM portable "Transistor 305" troubleshooting

On Mon, 5 Mar 2012 07:02:27 -0800 (PST), klem kedidelhopper
put finger to keyboard and composed:

The "whisker theory was also posed to me last time I took a crack at
this repair. I disconnected all the cans at that time but the problem
still persisted. I'm trying to understand though how C45 could affect
this?

Sorry, I'm not convinced that C45 is the culprit. I was confused by
the negative voltages and the upside down circuit diagram. :-(

I still think that some component is reducing the bias on the base of
AF126 (I). I was looking for a path to ground via a likely suspect,
and C45 and C46 looked like possible candidates.

As for R22, I don't understand how an open circuit could reduce the
voltage on the base of the transistor.

- Franc Zabkar