Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY ideas for Raspberry Pi?

On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 19:38:48 +0000, dennis@home wrote:

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
news
dennis@home wrote:

I think a 32G SD card and a couple of 64G sticks will be fine. The USB
sticks will be much quicker than the SD card so I may just use the
sticks.

I think you'll need a small SD card to boot it, clearly it doesn't have
a BIOS to allow "conventional" USB booting, AIUI it's the GPU that
performs the bootstrap from SD and then hands over to the ARM ...

I expect it will boot from USB or SD card, but we will see soon enough.

It boots from SD card, although the GPU is apparently the actual boot
processor.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org