Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY ideas for Raspberry Pi?

On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 17:14:53 +0000, Tim Streater wrote:

Minimise, maximise, Task Bar, CTRL-Z, F1, CTRL-Alt-Del, Start,

are all
OS-specific.

But still there, in some form across all OS's.

But dependant on the partcular GUI you are using, even on the same
OS.

I've no idea what F1 is supposed to be for,

Brings up context sensitive help, sometimes.

but I can tell you that my OS has no equivalent to Start

No Start here either.

or CTRL-Alt-Del.

I've got that but you don't use it unless you *really* have to as it
might not shut the file system down properly.

It's all well and good syaing you need to learn how to do that list
of things but there a subtle variations between versions of the same
GUI. Once you move to a different GUI there can be major differences.
Personally I don't like Windows, it's inconsistent, Mac I positively
detest, the K Desktop isn't bad, Gnome is to dumbed down.
Presentation Manager gets it more or less right but I doubt many here
have used a system with PM on it.

--
Cheers
Dave.