Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY ideas for Raspberry Pi?

Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Rod Speed wrote:

I keep getting questions about whether the voip invoice means that
he has a credit and so has money he can spend etc, with one of the
clearer statement formats around. There is something very fundamentally
wrong with an education system that produces a result like that.
Account Summary
Opening Balance $10.00 CR
Call Charge $1.50 DR
Service Charge $4.95 DR
Payment $6.45 CR
Closing Balance $10.00 CR
I cant decide if he's just thick or just super cautious and wants
confirmation etc. You need to learn then. You have not even

understood the point.
That is arithmetic, not mathematics.

Sums, is what we used to call it. Calling it "Maths" has just been part
of the dumbing down process.

Nah.. Reeling Writhing and Arthriticmetic. The three R's

sums was just the first bit before you got to doing long division.

and how hard it is to achieve it.