Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default What to do with poor quality cabinets

Sam Takoy wrote in news:5d6bd113-0afb-4a42-9739-
:

Our kitchen cabinets were built by a local cabinet maker. We live in a
Philadelphia suburb, the cabinet make lives in Bucks County. The
cabinets are of unacceptably poor quality. Examples include out-of-
square boxes, sloppy reveals, poorly mortised hinges (sloppy and
hinges are not flush with the wood), handles not at the same height,
gaps in joints, warped doors, damage in the finish, wobbly and crooked
drawers, tear outs in the veneer and many more.

IOW, something that anyone would clearly recognize as obviously substandard work.

[...]
I would welcome any ideas on how to proceed. Or should we just
recognize that we made a $25k mistake and move on?

Sam, you need to seek advice from a lawyer, not a bunch of woodworkers.