Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ghostrecon Ghostrecon is offline

Default DIY ideas for Raspberry Pi?

On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 18:35:36 +0000, stuart noble wrote:

I once spent several days trying to get access to do something beyond
give me a default view of a flat table.

In Access tables are only ever tables. Forms and reports based on the
table present the data any way you please.
I had a lot of fun learning the basics of Access. I never got beyond
macros though, and I suspect most people don't need to either. It's the
"relational" aspect that should be taught, something that IME
programmers don't necessarily understand too well!

I've taught relational databases at A level (computer science) - but not
with ACCESS IIRC I used VFP8 at the time

There are 2 areas here ICT - word processing, spreadsheets, files folders
etc whichh all will still do and the computer science aspect (what the RPi
is targeted on) how cmputing machines work etc
--