Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Proper light bulbs returning?

Lieutenant Scott wrote
S Viemeister wrote
Rod Speed wrote
S Viemeister wrote
Tim Watts wrote
Lieutenant Scott wrote

Filaments use a fortune in electricity and are very hot so tend to damage the light socket.

What?? I have never seen a heat damaged lamp socket.

I have. Three pendant sockets - they were like that when we moved
in. But I suspect the previous owner had used heat lamps in them.

You dont have to use heat lamps in them, just have them vertical
and have high power bulbs in them, and low quality bakelite sockets.

I suspected the heat lamps on two, because there _was_ a heat lamp in the third one...

Am I missing something here?

Likely.

Heat lamps are what you use in lizard cages to keep them warm,

They are used for a lot more than just that.

why would you put one in a domestic light?

Consumers can do the silliest things.

Corse as you imply, just because one pendant had a heat lamp in it, doesnt mean that the others did.

And why would they have removed 2 and not all 3 ?