Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default DIY ideas for Raspberry Pi?

On 05/03/2012 15:09, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Adrian C wrote:

I'd dumb it down further, just have a course in using a PC keyboard,
mouse and GUI. No particular application or OS.

Series of eight 1 hour lessons.

lesson #1. How to hold and move a mouse.

lesson #2 to 6, How to select something and drag it, moving it elsewhere.

lesson #7. How to Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete, Backspace, Minimise,
Maximise, The Task Bar / Panels, Window Focus, Select One item, Select a
choice, Select All, Esc, Ctrl-Z, F1, Ctrl-Alt-Del, Login, Start, Shutdown.

lesson #8. How to store a file in a folder so later it can be found

I year or two back I attended an evening class in digital photo
processing, using Paintshop Pro. Sadly, quite a number of the
participants would have benefited from first attending the course
you outline above.

Some years back a friend of mine ran a business teaching kids IT skills
under the guise of doing fun stuff with computers. He actually found
that there was a much bigger demand from the parents for basic IT
literacy than there was for classes for the kids. Ended up getting into
running all sorts of courses like the European computer driving license,
CLAiT etc - many of which were focussed on basic use of applications etc.

--
Cheers,

John.