Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default HF bench mill

Speaking of milling machines, I've considered this one from Harbor
Freight:

http://www.harborfreight.com/two-spe...ine-44991.html

Not too bad fer a small bench mill and only twice as much as a Delta
350 varidrive bench drill press.

I was an R&D machinist a long time ago and have worked on the best
equipment, but have also worked with some cheapo stuff. I used a Jet
bench mill like this back when Jet was new on the scene and considered
cheapo junk. Not the best machine I ever worked on, but I was able to
consistantly pull off .002" accuracy w/o too much problem. I think I
should be able to do the same with this rig, provided I get my glasses
re-tweaked.

Anyone have any experience with this HF offering or their like
sized/priced lathe?:

http://www.harborfreight.com/7-inch-...the-93212.html

Seems the two of them would be adequate for what I need as an old
geezer hobbyist.

nb

--
Fight internet CENSORSHIP - Fight SOPA-PIPA
Contact your congressman and/or representative, now!