Posted to uk.d-i-y
larkim larkim is offline

Default DIY ideas for Raspberry Pi?

On Monday, 5 March 2012 12:39:45 UTC, Bernard Peek wrote:
On 05/03/12 12:28, jgharston wrote:
Bernard Peek wrote:
But we aren't suddenly going to hire another
20,000 experienced IT professionals as teachers even if there were that
many able and willing to do the job.

Unfortunately, I'm one of those IT professionals who wouldn't go
back into teaching even if you threatened to shoot me.

But could you spare a couple of hours to bring an existing teacher up to
speed?

--
Bernard Peek

My wife is one of those IT teachers. I'm sure she wouldn't mind me passing on that she has a degree in Geography, A levels in Maths, Geography and Economics and only a passing interest in computers. She can't program a computer (never been near it) and has only ended up as a teacher in the IT department because after her various maternity leave's there were some gaps in the IT department (but not the geography one which she left before giving birth).

She is a good teacher - in that she can teach well - but her expertise in IT is limited, and when she gets stuck with aspects of Word / Excel / Access / etc she asks me!

I'm sure several of her colleagues in the department have a similar background too.

Matt