Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default DIY ideas for Raspberry Pi?

On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 12:15:50 +0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Having an unused HDMI capable monitor is less likely, but a TV with HDMI
or composite input quite likely, perhaps an old monitor with DVI input
which would work with a suitable cable

I wouldn't use a monitor anyway - since its got a fully capable X server
and networking on it, not hard to control it from an existing PC.. it
would be, like a router, a useful 'smart box' to do stuff at much lower
power on a 24x7 basis. Like my existing server. Only it has no disk
apart from a flash drive so its not useful as a storage box.

Can you plug in a USB drive and so have a cheap network storage device?
After all my Netgear is a linux box.

I thought it came with linux on the card, btw.

AFAIK It doesn't come with a card. You can buy an "accessory pack"
with a SD card but I'm sure it's supplied empty.
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?