Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home[_3_] dennis@home[_3_] is offline

Default DIY ideas for Raspberry Pi?

I wouldn't use a monitor anyway - since its got a fully capable X server
and networking on it, not hard to control it from an existing PC.. it
would be, like a router, a useful 'smart box' to do stuff at much lower
power on a 24x7 basis. Like my existing server. Only it has no disk apart
from a flash drive so its not useful as a storage box.

It has SD card and USB so storage is not a problem.
I intend to make a low power mail server and NAS if I can get one.
I think a 32G SD card and a couple of 64G sticks will be fine.

The USB sticks will be much quicker than the SD card so I may just use the
sticks.