Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default DIY ideas for Raspberry Pi?

In message , Rick
writes
On 04/03/2012 10:10 PM, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sun, 04 Mar 2012 22:09:32 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

Since the Raspberry Pi will be with us soon-ish (well, about six weeks I
am told, for mine) does anyone have any interesting ideas about what
they might do with it/them?

I've heard of car computers, TV boxes, PBCes as ideas...

PBC = PBX

I remember a similar looking dev board that came out back around 1981
.. it had a built in Hexadecimal keypad... you do a whole days worth of
coding and get a stepper motor to revolve or a set of LED's chase a
traffic light sequence.
The issue was none of the students could be arsed to do this more than
once .... then would rather play with the Commodore pet.

I think that is the problem with Dev board approach, it provides so
little for your effort when you can instead just go use a PC and gui.

Though of course the Raspbery Pi can have a GUI,

--
Chris French